About Castleberry's. Castleberry's was founded in Augusta, Georgia in 1926, when Clement Stewart Castleberry first opened for business. Clement spent years watching his father, Mr. Clem, barbecue pork and beef for crowds as large as twelve thousand. Mr. Clem's cooking was the stuff of local legend, and his son knew a business opportunity when he saw one. He began canning his father's famous barbecue hash and Brunswick Stew in a humble shed downtown on Fifteenth Street. During World War II, the firm produced no commercial products, but worked tirelessly producing military rations. Mr. Clem was dubbed "The Rebel with The Pepper Shaker" and the U.S. Army bestowed on Castleberry, two "A" awards.

Copyright 2013 Hanover Foods Corp., All Rights Reserved
Aunt Kitty's Foods Inc. | 270 North Mill Road | Vineland, NJ 08360 | Phone: (856) 691-2100 | Fax: (856) 696-1295